Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Brennan's Birthday Eve

I can't believe my baby is turning one tomorrow! I can remember one year ago (yesterday) when Steven and I packed up to go to the hospital because I was being induced in the morning. We talked about how crazy it was to think we would be bringing home our baby the next time we slept there. It was a very surreal evening. We knew our lives were going to change forever. I can't believe we actually slept that night...but we did. We were so thankful to God for allowing us to carry this baby and knew what a miracle it is to have a healthy pregnancy. We checked into the hospital at 7am and quickly got hooked up to all of the machines. I remember waiting and waiting and waiting some more. I was having contractions, but my doctor said, "no pain, no gain, no baby" and my contractions were not painful. So around 3 or 4 in the afternoon, the dr asked if I wanted to come back tomorrow and try again, or if I wanted her to break my water to help things along. I didn't think about that for one minute...I was not going home without my baby on the outside! So after a few painful contractions I quickly got my epidural and then waited, waited, and waited some more. Finally Brennan was born at 1:39am! Both of our parents and Steven's sister Lindsey held on strong to meet their new grandson and nephew. He was perfect! It was such an exciting moment! What a year it has been! I have loved every minute of being a mommy...even the hard ones! God truly blessed Steven and I with our son Brennan Waddell and we pray we have many more years and memories with him! I will post more tomorrow on his BIRTHDAY!

2 comments:

Caroline said...

Happy Birthday, Brennan! I hope you will be able to know how much all of us love you!

LuLaRoeMeg said...

Happy Birthday Brennan! Congrats Kerry. You deserve the present on this day!